Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) commissioned a new marine sewage pump wharf with four (4) access locations for Barangaroo.
BARANGAROO FERRY HUB AIMS TO INCREASE THE CAPACITY FOR FERRY SERVICES OF SYDNEY’S NEWEST COMMERCIAL DISTRICT.
The scope of work required includes:
- Conceptual design to detail design;
- The supply of pumping equipment, complete with pumps, fabricated pipework, and valves;
- And testing and commissioning.
In addition to the scope, the client was also keen on the pump supply contractor to commit to a given delivery date and provide the required warranties.
All Pumps Sales & Service designed, supplied, fabricated, tested and delivered two (2) separate pump-out systems for the four (4) access locations at Barangaroo’s new wharf.
Each pump system supplied includes:
- Two (2) Abaque Peristaltic pumps coupled with gearbox and motors,
- Two Blacoh pulsation dampeners,
- A fabricated pipework for pump suction and discharge,
- And IP65-rated stainless steel control panels installed on the pump skid.
ABAQUE PUMPS ARE TO BE INSTALLED AS BARANGAROO FERRY WHARF’S MARINE SEWAGE PUMP-OUT SYSTEMS
With Abaque’s advanced heavy-duty design and solid construction, the pump system is projected to have reduced maintenance and repair requirements, with the hose as the primary maintenance component.
Blacoh pulsation dampeners are added in the pump system to ensure reduced pressure and to attain a more consistent flow.
Once manufacturing finished, a complete manufacturing data report (MDR) was submitted to the client, as part of the quality report requirements for the project.
Project Highlights - Marine Sewage Pump - Out Systems
- Custom built sewage pump-out system specific to the needs of Barangaroo’s new ferry wharf;
- The Abaque’s pumps capability of running in forward or reverse, and the ability to run dry continuously without any detrimental effects;
- Data reporting to fit with the requirements of RMS;
- Commitment to the delivery date;
- Allpumps meeting all necessary warranties required by RMS;
Roads and Maritime Services is in charge of projects and programs to reliably and safely improve the movement of people and goods by various transport modes, including through the road and freight network, NSW waterways, the public transport network and active transport such as cycling and pedestrian networks. Learn more
About Barangaroo Ferry Hub
Barangaroo’s new ferry hub will provide berthing space for additional ferry services from the Parramatta River, as well as direct access to and from the Eastern Suburbs and lower North Shore. This new ferry wharf intends to increase capacity for ferry services of Sydney’s newest commercial district. Learn more