Tuthill’s L Series comprises internal gear pumps known for their time-tested performance, flexible and innovative design, and gear pump engineering excellence. These pumps are cost-effective solutions for handling oils and other fluids used in lubricating equipment and systems. The L Series pumps are precisely machined and assembled with only two moving parts, so they achieve and retain their reliability over wider viscosities compared to alternative pump designs.
Know more about Tuthill
- Cast iron construction with steel rotor assembly
- Minimal clearances for accuracy
- High differential pressures for longer operation
- Highly versatile with many options for customization
- Standard Single Mechanical Seal
- Top porting
All-Pumps can customise pumps according to your requirements and specific applications. Get in touch with us today to find the right pump!
- Tuthill’s unique reversing feature
- Driving and sealing options
- Bushing and bearing options
- Special pumps for speeds and viscosities beyond specified
- Mounting options
- Spare parts
- Flows up to 13 GPM
- Differential Pressures to 300 PSI
- Temperatures to 375ºF
- Viscosities 40 SSU to 5000 SSU
- Air Compressors & Pumping Equipment
- Energy & Power
- Fluid Oils
- Fluid Transfer
- Gear Box & Power Transmission
- Heavy Machinery & Equipment
- Natural Gas Compressors
- Oil & Gas
- Paints & Coating
- Refrigeration & AC Compressors
Principle of Operation
Tuthill L Series cast iron pumps employ the internal gear pumping principle. There are only two moving parts. The pumping action is based on a rotor, idler gear, and a cover cast with a crescent-shaped partition. Power applied to the rotor is transmitted to the idler gear with which it meshes. The space between the idler’s outside diameter and the rotor’s inside diameter is sealed by the crescent. As the pump starts, the teeth come out of mesh, increasing the volume. This creates a partial vacuum, drawing the liquid into the pump through the suction port. The fluid fills the spaces between the teeth of the idler and the rotor and is carried past the crescent partition through the pressure side of the pump. When the teeth mesh on the pressure side, the liquid is forced from the spaces and out through the discharge port.
SERVICING YOU ANYWHERE
All-Pumps offers bespoke solutions to your manufacturing processes. Whether you need a new pump, replacement part, repair services, system design, or monthly maintenance, call our professionals!
Our customer support services set us apart, we take responsibility to give you the best experience possible.
How our experts can help you:
- Design and cost a system or project
- Customise and engineer solutions for your specific application
- Provide spare parts and maintenance services
- Conduct Site-Wide Pump Health Audits with our Nexus Program
- Pump Manuals and Technical Guides
And so much more!
Get in touch
Fill out the quick form below and one of our sales officer will get in touch with you in a lighting speed!