ALBANY’s range of internal lobe pumps called L-type follow the concept of the original Stothert and Pitt Internal Lobe Pump. The company’s lobe pumps are engineered in a number of material combinations to handle different types of fluids. These pumps boast extreme proficiency at pumping high viscosity liquids at low rotational speeds or low viscosity liquids at synchronous motor speeds. The Albany L range is ideal for several applications in the sugar industry, thanks to its ability to move high viscosity and abrasive products.
Know more about Albany
Internal Lobe Series
- Pump casing is fitted with renewable liners for longer life
- Quiet operation and run by computer-generated profiles
- Jacketed body allows for steam, oil or electric heating where needed
- Capability to impart reciprocating motion for smoother operation
- Engineered using high-quality materials for higher reliability
- Maintenance can be done without disassembling pipework or suction
We customise pumps according to your specific application. Get in touch with us today to get a complete list of your options.
- Vertical or horizontal configuration
- Material options
- Full flow relief valves
- Internal or external bearings
- Spare parts
LA – HIGH VISCOSITY PUMPS
LB LOW VISCOSITY PUMPS
2” - 4/6”
- Heavy crude oil
- Fuel oil
- Sugar syrup
- High viscosity products
Principle of Operation
The pumping action of the rotary lobe pump is generated by the counter-rotation of two pumping elements called rotors within the rotor case. The timing gears and rotors are located on shafts, which in turn are mounted within an external gearbox and supported by bearings. The timing gears are responsible for transferring energy from the driveshaft to the driven shaft, synchronizing the rotors so that they rotate without contact with each other. As the rotors pass the suction port, the cavity generated increases creating a pressure decrease, which induces the pumped medium to flow into the rotor case.
SERVICING YOU ANYWHERE
All-Pumps offers bespoke solutions to your manufacturing processes. Whether you need a new pump, replacement part, repair services, system design, or monthly maintenance, call our professionals!
Our customer support services set us apart, we take responsibility to give you the best experience possible.
How our experts can help you:
- Design and cost a system or project
- Customise and engineer solutions for your specific application
- Provide spare parts and maintenance services
- Conduct Site-Wide Pump Health Audits with our Nexus Program
- Pump Manuals and Technical Guides
And so much more!
Get in touch
Fill out the quick form below and one of our sales officer will get in touch with you in a lighting speed!