Positive displacement pumps create destructive pulsation and hydraulic shock due to the reciprocating nature of their stroking action, potentially damaging piping and system components. SENTRY Pulsation Dampeners and Surge Suppressors remove virtually all system shock, enhancing the performance and reliability of fluid flow in municipal, industrial, sanitary and chemical transfer applications.
Remove up to 99% of System Shock
- Protect pumps, piping, valves, fittings, meters and in-line instrumentation from damaging pulsations, cavitation, thermal expansion, hydraulic shock and water hammer.
- Prevent destructive pressure surges caused by pump startup and shutdown.
- Prevent hydraulic shock resulting from emergency valve closure and other equipment shutdown.
- Prevent agitation, foaming, splashing and degradation of product.
Ensure accuracy, longevity and repeatability of flow meters and pressure gauges.
- Ensure a smooth steady flow in metering and chemical injection processes.
- Ensure uniform and continuous application in spraying and coating processes.
- Ensure proper measurement, flow and filling applications of food and pharmaceutical products.
- Ensure consistent flow when dosing, blending or proportioning process additives.
- Ensure a smooth transfer of viscous or abrasive fluids.
Pulsation Dampeners for Metering Pumps
Protect Inlet System Components
Positive displacement pumps contain an inlet valve that alternately opens and closes, creating an acceleration and deceleration of fluid into the pump.
SENTRY Inlet Stabilizers minimise these pressure fluctuations and acceleration head losses by preventing fluid column separation at the pump’s inlet. The patented “J” Model air control allows for pressure or vacuum settings and is adjustable for suction lift or positive inlet pump conditions. (US Patent 6,089,837)
- Protect pumps, valves, diaphragms and pistons from excess stress and strain.
- Protect inlet system components from vibration and fatigue.
- Prevent premature system component failure and cavitation.
- Prevent gauge damage due to vibration.
- Ensure steady inlet flow conditions to extend pump diaphragm life. Ensure complete chamber fill to maximise component service life I Ensure accuracy of inlet side gauges.
SENTRY Pulsation Dampeners, Surge Suppressors and Inlet Stabilizers come in a full range of chemically resistant materials for even the most corrosive applications. The simple, reliable design allows for quick installation and easy in-line maintenance. All SENTRY housings are made in the USA and each unit is tested at design pressure or higher to assure proper function and leak-free operation.
- Positive displacement pump discharge sizes from 1/8″ (3.18 mm) to 6″ (152.4 mm).
- Temperature ranges from-60oFto+400oF ( -51oCto+204oC). Pressure ranges up to 4000psi (276bar) – Custom models available up to 100 gallons (378.5L) and 25,000 psi (1,724 bar).
- Sanitary and flow-through models available for biotech, pharmaceutical and food industries.