Air operated diaphragms pumps (also known as pneumatic diaphragm pumps, AODD pumps, AOD pumps) are used for endless applications in mining, industrial and general plant service. Air operated diaphragm pumps are especially used where electricity isn’t available, or in explosive or flammable areas. They are also used for chemical transfer, de-watering underground coal mines, food manufacturing or where the liquid being pumped has a high solids content or high viscosity.
Air operated diaphragm pumps are a type of reciprocating diaphragm pump which contains two diaphragms driven by compressed air. Air section with shuttle valve applies air alternately to the two diaphragms, each diaphragm has a set of check/ball valves.
The premier manufacturer of air operated diaphragm pumps is Graco with which All Pumps has had a long association.
Questions when selecting an AODD Pump
- What application will the pump be used in?
- What are you pumping?
- Do you need lube-free operation?
- Does the pump need to be submersible?
- What cleaning fluids would be used to clean the pump?
- What are your performance parameters (flow rates, air consumption, viscosities, suction lift)?
- Do you need a pulsation dampener?
AIR DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM (ADS)
- What ADS best suits your application needs?
- How reliable is the ADS?
- How efficient is the ADS?
- Do you need on/off reliability?
- Is the pump ADS ATEX approved?
- Does the ADS have anti-freezing technology?
- Does the ADS have integrated variable performance controls?
- Before installation please read the caution section of the pump manual.
- What are your piping considerations (valves, elbows, pipe friction losses, etc.)?
- Do you have sufficient air pressure and air volume for the pump?
- What is the MTBR (Mean Time Between Repair) of the AODDP?
- What are your installation parameters (self-priming, positive suction head, high vacuum, heat generation, dry run capable, submersible, large solids passage, variable flow & pressure, shear sensitive)?
- Ease of maintenance: is the pump easy to clean, assemble/disassemble?
- What media will you be pumping?
- What is the chemical compatibility of the elastomer?
- What are the temperature limits of the wetted material and elastomer?
- How abrasive is the media being pumped?
- Do diaphragm configurations affect flow?
- Can the distributor fully support your fluid transfer needs?
- Are they a full-stocking, full-service distributor?
- How good is delivery? Is it less than 3 days?
- Is the distributor formally educated in specifying and maintaining your system?
- How are the services and repair capabilities of the distributor?
- Does the distributor do local training for your staff?
- How responsive is the distributor to your needs?
Diaphragm Pump Manufacturers
Graco Pumps are a well known, reliable pump, shrinking maintenance intervals and reducing the nasty surprise of an interruption in production. Graco serves many different industries and applications, providing products for painting, gluing, building and marine applications amongst many other industrial processing applications.
Wilden has been manufacturing Air Operated Diaphragm (AOD) pumps since 1955 and is certified to the ISO 9001:2008 standard. Wilden diaphragm pumps successfully deliver a broad range of flow rates and outlet pressures ideal for pumping in the mining and construction industries yet versatile enough for many others.
Wilden pumps are long-lasting and any broken parts can be easily replaced with a huge range of genuine Wilden spare parts. As a result, they are used in a wide range of industries to handle different materials such as chemicals, crude oil, mining, food, beverage, paints and many more.
Sandpiper air operated diaphragm (AOD) pumps are one of the largest producers of AOD pumps for industrial fluids in the world. In operation since 1965, Sandpiper is an industry leader for pumping problem liquids such as oils and chemicals to abrasive slurries with ease. Sandpiper gives its customers multiple solutions to pumping needs with heavy-duty ball, flap, containment duty and standard duty pump configurations, including a patented single air drive system that guarantees no-stalling.
ALMATEC manufacture a range of air-operated double diaphragm pumps with a wide range of products, including their popular E-SERIES with a solid metal or plastic housing. Plastic materials used are PE, which is highly resistant to abrasion and PTFE which has resistance to virtually all chemicals, and can be used in explosion proof areas and with flammable liquids. The metal pumps are made of precision-cast stainless steel and primarily used in the chemical, pharmaceutical and biochemical industries. Almatec pumps are often deployed in applications such as handling of ultrapure liquids, paint and glue supply systems, filter press feeding, sterile applications, laboratory and sample pulling. Almatec is manufactured by Wilden.
All Pumps has been importing, servicing and supplying Almatec pumps in Australia for 10 years and support the full Almatec range of pumps and spare parts.
Among its many advantages, the most outstanding feature about AOD pump is its ability to operate without motor, self-priming and able to run dry without damage. These characteristic are extremely important in industries such as mining, food processing, paint, chemical and many more.
All Pumps is the main distributor of Tabla air operated diaphragm pumps in Australia. We also have a huge stock of AOD pump parts in our warehouses located across the whole Australia. All Pumps serve you well and serve you fast.
KDP are a range of mechanical diaphragm pumps, manufactured, sold and supported by All Pumps. They incorporate a heavy duty gearbox coupled to an eccentric block to actuate the diaphragm, making them appropriate for heavy-duty applications. The pump is belt-driven by pulleys which enables it to use a variety of drive options, including electric motors and petrol and diesel engines for 2” and 3” pumps. With the ability to self-prime, handle solids and run dry, they have a wide range of applications.
All Pumps have been installed, servicing and supporting KDP pumps throughout Australia for many years.
All Pumps Sales & Service has had a long association with the Wilden brand. All Pumps keeps the largest stock of pumps, spare parts & accessories in Australia & is able to facilitate your air diaphragm pump needs quickly. All Pumps has been importing, servicing and supplying Wilden pumps in Australia for 15 years and support the full Wilden range of pumps and spare parts. We also supply other ranges of air operated diaphragm pumps including: